I love getting requests from friends and family on places I've visited. I've been lucky to travel the world with friends and a few work boondoggles. I'm rolling up my worn Filofax pages, dog-eared travel mags, cocktail napkin jots, random emails and web bookmarks into one spot.
Everything is in Top 5 lists so I force myself to edit the best stuff. I started doing Top 5 lists to pass the time on long road trips with my friend Amy. We debated life-changing topics like Top 5 Albums on a Desert Island or Top 5 Ugly Celebs You Still Have a Mad Crush On. I've taken this road trip game to narrow my travel passions.
Each Place Has 5 Top Five Lists:
- Days - How to spend a great Sunday afternoon.
- High Style, Low Maintenance Hotels - My favorite hotels are ones where you can snuggle up in 600 thread count sheets, but still walk through the lobby in your your wet bikini. Where you can order a port while wearing your Pumas. Enjoy a five-course meal in your flip flops. Maybe a Belvedere in your ball cap.
- Foodie Finds - I mostly like quality, small neighborhood restaurants where you get a flavor of the people. You'll rarely find an chain, stiff swanky spot or hole in the wall on my list.
- Tips - What you can plan before you leave to give you more time to soak up the culture or give you more time to play.
- Misses - What I learned not to do, that you can skip.
ps Please post additions, debates or comments.